Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What am I going to be for Halloween?

Hmmm well the kids actually picked out their costumes this year. When our little family was at Babies R Us (buying boxes and boxes of diapers), we took a little looksie at the costumes. Well as soon as Marshall saw the "diedie" costume he just went crazy with a mini-meltdown until we put it on him. (Which I thought was funny because I thought he would be mad about putting on a costume like he was last year). So we put it on him and he started laughing and running all around. So this year we have a little dinosuar! But what about Baby sister?????


Oh we just looked everywhere for her costume and we could not find a cosutme that we both liked. After reading Chloe a princess book before bed. We asked her to point out the pricess in the book. But instead of pointing out the pricess in the book she pointed to herself. (She also does this if you ask her "Who is pretty.") So we narrowed our search on Princess costumesand to our chagrin we just couldn't find anything her we were just excited about! So I started looking at sewing patterns on Simplicity.com and found the perfect princess costume! So the next day I took the kids to JoAnn's and bought the fabric and as soon as the kids went down for a nap I was firing away on my mother-in-law's sewing machine. But the fabric was just so delicate that it was shreading, plus it had been a decade since I'd last used a sewing machine. But then I broke the needle on the machine and I went to bed defeated.

With a new day came a new determination. So I went to JoAnn's and bought new needles and a bottle of glue. Yep a bottle of glue. I glued the most delicate parts (silver fabric of bodice, including the puffy sleeves). and sewed the rest and Chloe's costume was soon completed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment